This page is also available in: Italian Hebrew
The Public Chanukah Menorah of Chabad Piazza Bologna, was lit the first evening together with a smaller replica made out of chocolate.
Thanks to the Municipality who permitted the installation of the giant Chanukiah in the center of Piazza Bologna for the fourth year.
Rabbi Lazar led the ceremony, introducing Ms. Lucrezia Colmayer, alderman of the 2nd Municipality of Rome who brought the greetings of Mrs. Francesca Del Bello, President of the 2nd Municipality of Rome.
Mr. Lillo Naman, president of the Bet Shmuel Synagogue lit the shamash and Mr. Daniel Raccah, son of Mr. Morris Raccah, lit the frist candle.
Mr. Musci Fellah, lit the chocholate menorah which was then taken apart and eaten by all.
The large crowd enjoyed doughnut by Flour Kosher bakery.
Each evening a public lighting took place with doughnuts from Flour:
- The second night with many tourists from all over the world.
- The third night with the Tesciuba family in memory of Rachel Tesciuba z”l.
- The fifth night with the Naccache family with doughnuts from il Dolce Forno di Giada.
- The sixth night with the Tesciuba family with sushi from Daruma Sushi.
- The seventh night with the Nahum family.
- The eight night with different families including the Moscato, Bendaud Sufir and Hamawi.
Thanks to Natan Hamawi and Vito Addadi for building and taking apart the Menorah, to Hammersmith for the transportation of the Menorah, the 2nd Municipality vice-president Emanuele Gisci and Silvano Limone for the guidance in receiving the permit and Emanuele Rubin for some of the photos.