This page is also available in: Hebrew
The situation in Italy is very serious, unfortunately, the numbers are growing daily, our Italian government put the whole country on lock-down, we hope that this measure will help to contain the spreading of the virus.
Please take all the needed precautions, listen carefully to the instructions of your local government: wash your hands, take off your shoes at home, keep a safe distance from other people, don’t leave your home unless necessary, this is for your safety and the safety of the more vulnerable.
While we do everything in our physical power to stop the spread of the virus, we should try to increase in our commitment to Torah and Mitzvot, especially the prayers and Mitzvot that are known to protect us:
- Have faith in G-d, stay calm, don’t panic and think positively since if you think good it will be good.
- Put up or check your Mezuzahs.
- Recite chapters of Psalms daily: Suggested chapters 20, 22, 69, 150.
- Acquire a letter in a Torah scroll, buy here for children under Bar-Bat Mitzvah, and here for adults.
- Ensure that you and your fellows have some handmade Shmurah Matzah in anticipation of the holiday of Passover. In the Kabbalah, Matzah is referred to as both “the food of faith” and “the food of healing.”
- Give Tzedakah, as it says “Tzedakah will save from death”.
We launched a series of virtual initiatives as everybody is on lock-down, moving all our activities online.
The emergency in Italy is also a financial one, too many people lost their jobs and don’t have money to buy food or to pay rent, others can’t leave their home to go shopping please consider helping us so we could continue helping others, especially as the holiday of Pesach approaches and the uncertainty grows.